If you want to migrate your shop from Magento 1 to Magento 2, follow our tutorial below.
We will use UberTheme Migration tool for demonstration purposes:
Download the tool from https://github.com/ubertheme/magento2_data_migration/releases
- Create a folder in the root directory of your server and extract the tool
- Make sure you have Magento 2 installed prior using the tool.
- Create following folders with the write permissions.
- Make sure these files also have write permissions.
- Run this migration tool In your browser by accessing localhost/foldername
- Enter the details of both databases. Make sure they are correct.
- Click “next step”. If the your database details are correct and the connection between 2 databases is established, you will be able to select the website you want to migrate.
- Click “Next step” and migrate attributes.
- After that you need to migrate categories. From the list of the categories, you can select those you want to migrate.
- Now you are ready to migrate products. You can migrate all types of products or select only specific product type to migrate.
- Migrate customers. You can either select all customer types or specific types only.
- The next step is a migration of sales data.
- Finally you can migrate reviews and ratings; and other data.
- Reindexing is required to see the migrated data in Magento 2.
Linux : php -f WEB_ROOT_PATH\your_magento2_folder\bin\magento indexer:reindex Windows: php -f WEB_ROOT_PATH\your_magento2_folder\bin\magento indexer:reindex
php bin/magento cache:flush php bin/magento indexer:reindex
- Re-save attribute sets in Magento2. To do so go to Stores > Attributes > Attribute Set. Open the Attribute Set, edit it if needed and save.
- Move media files
- Copy the folder at \your_magento1_folder\media\catalog and move it to WEB_ROOT_PATH\your_magento2_folder\pub\media\
- Copy the folder at \your_magento1_folder\media\downloadable and move it to WEB_ROOT_PATH\your_magento2_folder\pub\media\
- Set “catalog” and “downloadable” folders to recursively writable.
- Remove all folders and files in root\magento2_folder\var but keep the .htaccess file.
- Remove all folders and files in root\magento2_folder\pub\static but keep the .htaccess file.
- Data migration from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.0 is successfully completed.